Result –> QV ZoMi Won by 99 Runs.
Toss –> QV ZoMi, Chose to Bat.
QV Zomi –> 179/8 Batting first.
Hermes DVS Zomi –> 103 (All out, 23 overs)
The match report should begin with a short note on the opposition. Hermes DVS has always been Top 2 teams of ZoMi league boasting a handful of Ex-TopKlasse players playing for them. The stats of the past Vs QV ZoMi put decks very much in their side and also Hermes DVS defeating QV ZoMi last 3 games which included home and away. The bat very deep and their bowling has some very deceptive spinners and lethal pacers who played at very highest level.
Today’s match we picked-Up from where we left last match and it was a decent batting performance overall (We have our first ZoMi individual 50 scorer Rohit Kapoor going all guns blazing). It was a fiery first spell of our bowling innings with Axaya delivering a very highly intimidating spell laced with lethal out swingers, yorkers and threatening bouncers. He took the first 4 wickets (All Clean Bowl’ds Middle and off stumps) of the innings that broke their top order and middle order looking equally jittery facing the out swingers and Dart’d Yorkers pushing them deep into crease almost to stumps.
The fielding was on the spot again with no missed catches inner circle choking them for singles. The young player in the team needs special mention for her accurate bowling with good pace & taking two catches that helped clean up a stubborn tail of Hermes DVS Team.
Special note of thanks:
A very special thanks from entire team towards:
1. Ashish for arranging us with a very delicious and stomach full box of lunch which both teams enjoyed very much. Hermes DVS players especially asking where was Lunch delivered from.
2. Vikas Reddy for being there for the team and ensuring vital support, logistics and scoring for the match.
3. Manoj. QV youth parent who was our main scorer for both matches against VCC & Hermes DVS.
We played one young player Nidhi Patil (Youth U15 Women’s Team Skipper) and she was spot on with the responsibility of fielding in inner circle, bowling & some good catches. She will be playing more matches in ZoMi and sharpen her skills playing with us.
100 Marks to the bowling department. We have deeper pockets coming to bowling with enough reserve capacity on the field and still waiting on the bench.
* As informed earlier, Man of the match performer, Axaya delivered a fiery first spell of our bowling inning,s delivering a very highly intimidating spell laced with lethal out swingers, yorkers and threatening bouncers. He took the first 4 wickets (All Clean Bowl’ds Middle and off stump) of the innings that broke their top order and middle order looking equally jittery facing the out swingers and Dart’d Yorkers pushing them deep into crease almost to stumps.
* of the first 4 bowl’ds by Axaya, two of their batsmen were bowl’d were their first balls facing.
* Vishal T supported EXCELLENTLY to Akshaya keeping the pressure and swinging ball both ways. Infact, The only runs that came off in Vishal’s 4 overs were a few wides and 2 singles. Such was the tighter length in the first Spell, they had no answers for both.
* Saju as always, was relentless in second spell where the opposite side never gets to breathe easy even in second Spell, hitting the batsmen on ribs and abdomen with that pace and middle stump bowled of the left-hander coming round the wicket. The crease for sure was not a place batsmen were looking forward to.
* Vinodh Madras & Vipin, our medium pacers added good low scoring overs with Vinodh dismissing a well settled batsman who was their hope of recovery.
* Nidhi as informed earlier bowled a very good pace and her caught & bowl’d was appreciated by both teams & the umpires.
* Fahad was handy as a spinner with low scoring overs.
* The bowling which was top level was supported equally well by fielding show at top level. The opposite team was gasping for even singles. Especially, the inner-circle did commendable job keeping the pressure and taking catches regularly.
* The pressure of fielding & lengths of bowling kept the wickets coming regualrly and never allowed any batsman to settle.
* There was a very short period of us being complacent where the tail began to bat, but it was not fielders, we were trying new bowling spells and combinations.
Hermes DVS bowling was as tough as an opposition can get with minimal extras and their slowest of bowlers also hitting absolute right spots. Together, they have decdes of bowling exp among them. Their top pacer was swinging at his will with blinding lethal pace.
* The opening par began well but we lost an opening batsman early.
* The pair of Rohit and Dinesh (No.3) showed some wonderful cricket respecting the good balls and churning singles and doubles keeping score board ticking. Rohit then let loose with some amazing timing that was treat to watch, hitting 6s and 4s of some very very good bowling & Dinesh supporting him well too with very clean stroke-play. Rohit soon reached his much deserved 50 which was long overdue considering his hard work and visible stroke play at Nets.
* Dinesh needs a special mention as he has been our trusted No.3 and started owning that position for himself with his performances.
* The middle order which boasts some good names went out for a few rash shots which were not needed at that point of time. Else, they deserved to be in runs.
* The Middle order Collapse was halted with a brilliant performance and some wonderful stroke-Play by Grant Holton. Grant deserves a resounding applause and is second highest contributor helping team post a very competitive total of 179 in 35 Overs.
Two choices we had between Rohit & Axaya for their contributions & batting & bowling respectively.
* Team concluded that it was Axaya’s fiery spell that broke their batting lineup with is pace, Swing and Accuracy and putting the top 4 batsemn back in Paviliion with-in 5th over, & them searching for their fallen stumps.
* Much deserved.
* Except for a small discussion over a boundary, both sides played in a very good healthy spirit with giving LBW’s when deserved and ensuring conducinve atmosphere.
* Hermes DVS team needs to be applauded for their umpires giving all the support to our U15 player and over looking a few close leg side deliveries.
Excellent team work, excellent on-field and off field atmosphere, and match to cherish. This ZoMi team as informed in last week’s report is now a very strong team with players brimming confidence to play toughest of tough teams.